Smok'n '008

WOW...over the weekend, I took the dive, and purchased a life long aspiration; the new 008 corvette coupe!

Just hop'n someone would notice; beside, all the other gapping tourist, who inch-up along side with their mouth's wide open.

It smokes!!

I'm sure, ya'll are aware of the new LS3 430hp small block power-house. But, I gotta tell ya'll; the Z51 performance package; which includes an enhanced gear ratio, makes the 008 corvette the BEST EVER!

It smokes!!

Con grates to GM, and the design team. If you don't have one, take my advise; leverage the family farm and get one. The smile will never leave your face.

Charlie Vettes on the Net

*** Sent via
***Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Reply to
Anonymous User

I'm sure you're keeping it to the break in guide lines........... ;-))

Enjoy

Reply to
Dad

'I'm sure, ya'll are aware of the new LS3 430hp small block power-house.'

REPLY: Where is the added 30 h.p. coming in at on the rpm band though ? If its happening at 6000 rpms , very few drivers would not feel the 8% power increase over the previous year. Are there any quartermile times for the 2008 yet ? Im glad youre enjoying your new vette though ; having an '06 still gives me the deep gratitude of being able to own such a technological advancement in the Corvette.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

"Dave in Lake Villa" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3237.bay.webtv.net...

2008 Chevy Corvette revealed with new 6.2L LS3 V8 and up to 436 hp ... Here's a look at the new and enhanced features for '08 Corvette models: .... quarter-mile times of 11.7 seconds at 125 mph and a top speed of 198 mph

'Key

More cubes, fattens everything.

Reply to
Bob I

I might need to invest in a neck brace; soon!

All smiles.

*** Sent via
***Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Reply to
Anonymous User

Z51

12.8 @ 113.5 mph

Fred C. Dobbs

That top speed is the same as the C6 Z06

Reply to
ZÿRiX

'2008 Chevy Corvette revealed with new 6.2L LS3 V8 and up to 436 hp ... Here's a look at the new and enhanced features for '08 Corvette models: ... quarter-mile times of 11.7 seconds at 125 mph and a top speed of

198 mph
Dave in Lake Villa

"Dave in Lake Villa" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3231.bay.webtv.net...

I just surfed for an info page on the 08 and that's what I came up with...

Reply to
'Key

The base makes 190, the 06 still makes 198.

Venger

Reply to
Venger

======= Probably because max horsepower doesn't enter the picture during a quarter mile for these two cars.

Look instead at the rw torque and horsepower curves. As Dad noted, cubes count.

-- pj

Reply to
PJ

Dad said that? May have been Bob I. What happened is the article tacked on other comments and the time given was for the Z06. The actual time was later correctly given by Fred C. Dobbs at 12.8 @ 113.5 mph for the Z51 package. From here

As for the Z06 the HP it is not 500 but 505 as stated in most articles and always has been. To answer question about "where the added 30 h.p. coming in at", the 2 lines on the dyno are so close together they look like one. Did you take the time to read his cite? So it may need not be ask tire selection and gear ratio on the base 1LT may well make it slower in the 1/4 but most car rags don't even test it so those times are not available or at best hard to find. I might suggest that some time spent looking for those answers rather than providing unwanted remarks about how people choose to live or drive could eliminate the need to correct someone else's attempt to supply the information you can easily find with a minimum of effort.

Reply to
Dad

Ouch, suggestions taken aboard.

Sorry to alcon, 'twas Bob I.

I do feel though that advertised/rated horsepower isn't a decent single measure of how any car will perform in either everyday or competitive driving.

-- pj

Reply to
PJ

Snip

Not aimed at you, your information sometimes amazes me and leave me in awe of your knowledge and experience. Sometimes it's hard to imagine how different our lives can be.

I know, our autocross is comming up and last year one of the women drivers took my car for a run and beat my time by over a full second on a 33 second course. I think this year I'll run the '64 because there will be no one in that class.

Reply to
Dad

How very, very true, just take a look at the current crop of transportation being foisted on the masses. No torque to speak off, and the "advertised horsepower" is MAYBE available at WOT 100 rpm before redline.

Reply to
Bob I

As an owner of a 05 C6 with less than 5K miles I am having a hard time trying to talk myself out of trading it in on an 08 Z51.

Reply to
Fred C. Dobbs

Looks like they still haven't fixed the seats. Some of us would like to go on trips in comfort and take turns with upper body lateral support rather just making high speed passes on a straightaway.

Reply to
bob.kirkpatrick

Just keep in mind that is the "published" top speed for the 08 and the Z06, that doesn't mean that's completely accurate after the rev limiter is cut out. Rob

Reply to
Scubabix