All Rover weekend, THIS weekend...

I've just had a call from a member who cannot now attend the All Rover Weekend, held at the Town and Country Festival, Stoneleigh Park (23rd to 25th August).

Anyone who fancies showing off their 101, and having a thoroughly good weekend out (it is a very broad show, not just vehicles) please drop me an email OFF LIST PLEASE.

Reply to
Mother

Is there a website for this event?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Can we have a show of hands who's going? I'm agonising over it - quite fancy it, but the garden needs some attention, I have a drive full of Land Rover bits that need cleaning / cutting up / bolting on etc etc. But a weekend in the 101 would be fun (and also a first).

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Yeah, I've decided to skip it as well. Quite literally, as I will be spending the weekend ladling large quantities of my garden into a skip.

And I WILL get around to fitting the fuel filler pipe to the 101.... And the diff guard to the Discovery....

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

That's more than a weekends work...

Reply to
Mother

True, but a nagging wife could argue that it's been sat on her kitchen table for a fortnight already...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Oddly enough that's what I bought a 1982 RR for. Drop the seats down, stick a tarp in the loadbed and load with mud throught the tailgate - take to the tip and empty.

My SO has dubbed the RR "Skippy" because of just this.

P.

Reply to
Paul S Brown

Sorry, been busy with a new release which doesn't work - sound familiar? Don't need the batteries, but thanks all the same :-)

I'm off to Stoneleigh tomorrow (TFFT!) :-)

Reply to
Mother