WOW

I swapped the front brake pads on the TI at the weekend with an all time record low of swearing, grunting and skinned knuckles.

The results as follows: Skinned knuckles - zero Swearing - zero Grunts - two (the top bolt on the O/S/F caliper was mighty stubborn but soon dispatched of with the use of a breaker bar and a lot of hope that it wouldn't shear off)

I fitted a new set of EBC Redstuff Ceramics. They've bedded in nicely already and work a lot better than the old ones. I think they've updated the design (again) so I'm not sure whether to give EBC respect for constant improvement of their products or to be worried that they aren't getting it right first time.

The instructions said to clean the brake fluid off brake components with white spirit. It worked fantastically. I decided to clean my alloys with white spirit as well because it's remarkably good at removing brake dust. My alloys came up lovely and it hasn't damaged the finish either. Looked a bit funny having spangly alloys when the rest of the car was so filthy I couldn't see out of the windows.

Reply to
fishman

Respect I reckon -

Olsen (1997) states "Harnessing staff creativity is mission-critical today. Companies must consistently generate new ideas."

Reply to
DanTXD

Wheres Nom gone Dan?

Reply to
fishman

I think he just kinda, stopped reading :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

'Cos let's be fair - its not half as good in here as it used to be, when there was Glen with the RWD Nova, Matt and the Saab, Jamesy T5, Fuzzy with the 309 Goodwood etc etc

Whereas what do we have these days, a Ka, a 206, an A-Class, a Marea and basically a load of uninteresting stuff and no talk of modding :)

I hit post before i'd actually said everything i was trying to say the first time!

Reply to
DanTXD

I tend to use Tesco homebrand wheel cleaner. About =A33 a spray bottle, and you hardly use any, and it works.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Fuck off. I've got a WRX and Charger. And the WRX is worked to f*ck. ; )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

He still hangs about on u.r.c.misc

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I have 2 cars, and both are mod'd. I've been mod'ing one even further this weekend, and buying more bits, but no one really seems interested in it so I keep quiet :)

Oh, and this weekend I also found that white spirit is excellent for getting waxoil off of yourself, becuase if you're anything like me it'll end up everywhere!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs