Speed Pulse wie c5

Hello
I lie in the UK and information is not so easy to get on US cars.
I have a 2001 C5 and want to fit a sat nav system, I need to know which wire
is the speed pulse wire.
Can anybody tell me what colour it is and where to find it.
I would be most grateful.
Ray Bright
Yar this is for a non Z06 Going into the instrument cluster is a dark green wire with a white stripe, this is the VSS input at the cluster.
going out of the VSS ther should be 2 wires, a purple which is the VSS reference signal low and a yellow which is the VSS signal high.
Please check to make sure this info is correct before using, Greg is not there to look at the car to make sure On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 13:38:32 +0000 (UTC), "yar"

Ray:
You *lie* in the UK?? Does this mean that you are incredibly lazy, or are you a chronic story teller? :o)
--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
Both at times
Thanks for the help , but can anyone confirm the colours,
Thanks

you have the car, you are the one that needs to confirm this?????? do you know where the VSS is located??? it should be on the differential housing, you need to get under the car and look to see what color the wires are. with out knowing which wire you are looking for it makes it a little harder to help you on this, but i will say that if you do not have a good grasp of automotive electrical knowledge this might be a job that is best left up to a professional On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:30:54 +0000 (UTC), "yar"

speed sensor (VSS), going to the powertrain control module (PCM), from there to the VSS signal goes to the dash via a dark green/white wire.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Dad, is right they go to the PCM, #20 is purple VSS REF LO & 21 is yellow VSS SIG HI. But i still think that you need to inspect and verify this, most of the times the wiring diagrams are right, but sometimes they will throw you a curve. maybe i have spent to much time working on European cars (in the USA, where many times there is a difference between a Euro spec car and a USA spec car and they have only made one diagram) where you almost expect the diagrams to be wrong (grin) Good luck, Greg

Thanks for all the help I shall print all this out and give it to the radio shop.
Any thoughts on upgrading the wheels and tyres on my 2001 convertible with run flat tyres?

Hated the run flats, (had 3 sets), I put a set of Continental ContiExtremeContact on my 98 and then moved them to the 04. Great tire, smooth, quiet, fair in water (better than EMTs), good in snow, wore smoothly, and didn't cup like the EMTs did. Did I mention quiet? Set mounted was right at $600US at the time. Second choice would be the Supercar EMTs, doubt your size is available yet and will cost 4X as much. Stick like glue but not impressed with the wet traction.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51