squeeky front end '65

Hello,
I've got a '65 convertable 327/365....and the front end is squeeking like...well, a 1965 chevy. Everything has been greased, and it's downright embarrasing. Any Ideas???
I guess I'm wondering about the shocks....but it sounds like springs. If you push down on the front fenders a bit, it'll squeek away, if you drive it it's one continuous squeek party.
Any help would be appreciated.

kind of agony. Does the wife ride with you?
How is the rubber, in the bushings, on the sway bar, shocks, wishbones, steering linkage, trailing arms, and anything else you have that isn't made of latex? I would start there and see if you can get some lube in them. If they have been changed to neoprene, good luck.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
zman wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

don't see WD40 working for long. its more a cleaner than a lube.
my2
--
"Key"
=====
'Key wrote:

a local parts store. Spray liberally on the a-arm bushings. Another possiblity is the spring seats, and there are coil spring seat insulators (or cushions) to go between the springs and the A-arm and/or frame, although I can't tell you where to find them. If the springs aren't seated correctly (coil end positioned wrong in it's seat), or are larger in diameter than stock, that can cause squeaking problems.
But, if the front end squeaks just by pushing down on it, then while someone else bounces the front end, put a hose end to your ear and move the other end of the hose around the suspension in close proximity to the various parts, and you'll soon locate the culprit.

There are many rubber lubricants out there that are made for the job. WD-40 will draw the life/flexibility out of rubber and accelerate its structural break down. Most rubber lubricants are water based to add to the pliability of rubber not displace the moisture as does WD-40. Jet-Lube makes a good one and it comes in a 16 oz spray can, once you use it on rubber you'll dump your WD-40. Pick up some P-80 from an MRO supplier in a pint squeeze bottle, or JTMs #8 industrial soap/rubber lubricant. Ask you tire dealer what they use or the auto parts store guy that has been there for more than a week.
Most of use don't use or know what to use on rubber because it doesn't give us a problem most of the time, once you do use it you'll wonder why you never thought of it before.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Sounds like the springs are rubbing against their seats... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?