WHATS YOU BEST MOD!

Page 2 of 2
Has to be the steering lock bypass on my 2000 6-speed. Seems with the recall Chevrolet just reprogrammed the computer so the car wont run if the steering is locked.
(In other words they did not fix a darn thing with the lock motor sticking they just covered there own A. . for liability reasons) Now I am not bitter but they should have added the bypass for the manuals like they did for the automatics. Mike:-)

tater wrote:

That is a necessity- cheap and simple too. I installed it the first month I had my car along with the device that eliminates the 1st to 4th skip shift. (CAGS)
I hate to be the Devil's Advocate here, but what does the insurance companies do if your car is stolen and one of the anti-theft devices has been removed?
Especially since the steering lock is probably the primary anti-theft device.

car
sticking
manuals
who says you have to tell them