which c5 is the best ?

Which of the c5's would be the best buy ? At what point were the teething bugs overcome in the c5.
2002s, 2003s and 2004s are still too expensive. I am looking around for a 1997-2001 C5 under $23k.
what are my chances of finding one thats good and are there any for sale sites for corvettes that don't quote outrageous value over the blue book.
www.Craigslist.org so far has proved quite valuable. I live in the CA, Bay area.
please advise.

Look for a clean machine with mid range miles. If any year Corvette was taken care of it will have had the bugs corrected already. It's just a used car and all the cautions apply.
Here's an add from a dealer on a sharp silver with light gray interior. Notice how all Corvette adds have to have the word "RARE" in them? Corvette -1998 - fully loaded - rare 6 speed coupe - has sport seats - climate control - memory pkg - glass roof - clean - very tight driving car - has only 62k miles - only $18995
I'd even drive it out there for you. ;-]
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51