02 Dodge Intrepid

I have an 2002 Dodge Intrepid / 2.7ltr 165,000 miles
TROUBLE: Runs great when its running, its getting it to the running point that's been a problem.
On any giving start the thing will start up fine, run great
On OTHER STARTS: the thing will start stall start stall, buck, backfire, stall, idle rough then stall... I find when it starts like this, and it hasn't stalled (but its running rough) i let it start driving w/out hitting the gas pedal.... as it moves on this idle, it starts running better & better... Then Its Fine.
Next few starts it might be good, (or maybe not), then other starts this will happen again.... The problem is very erratic.... HELP!
Any Ideas of whats wrong?

I would start with a scan of the modules to see what if any fault codes are in the memory, Is the check engine lite on?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
"YES" The check engine light is on
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:08:19 -0400, Doug wrote:

Gee, what does that tell you? Think you might want to take it in to see what fault codes are set? Still in warranty?
Linux Registered User #327951

With 165K miles on the clock?
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:03:22 -0400, James C. Reeves wrote:

Oops, yeah forgot that little detail... Man, that's high mileage for an '02...
For the OP, you need to see what's causing the Check Engine light to be on. Get the codes read, at a dealer or an auto parts store...
Linux Registered User #327951

There it is again, Take it to the dealer we cant fix it, its under warranty. Famous words for an after market shop that cant diagnosis it
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:33:06 -0400, maxpower wrote:

Do you see the word "dealer" in my reply above? Don't be such a doofus, you ignorant grease monkey. No wonder you work for a dealership.
Linux Registered User #327951

see
Still under warranty you say?? I guess you mean take it to McDonalds or maybe Target or Walmart. Most people would of guessed the dealer. You still humor me boy
Stay away from the auto parts stores, have it diagnoised by someone not just trying to sell parts