1999 Dodge Caravan 3.0 lt

I have the above noted vehicle.
My speedo stopped working and now the transmission won't go any further than second gear. I don't think it's my transmission because my "Service Engine
Soon" light is on.
Is this just a sensor, and is it easy to fix.
Any thoughts???
Thanks
Bob
Bob the output speed sensor is bad,if you look down at the trans there is 2 plastic sensors, the one on the furthest right under the air cleaner is the faulty one, replace it and be on your way
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech