1st gen Neon gauges again

Please bear with me on this one. 1995 Dodge Neon Highline, 5spd, single cam, Tach. Speedo, odometer, temp all quit. Pulled dash board out, touched all contacts with a
hot soldering iron, all work o.k.. Hit a bump and speedo craps out -yank out circuit board again redo solder joints. Hit a bump (no I can't avoid them all) speedo craps out again. Pull board and needle nose connector blades 10 to 20 degrees. Bump, dead speedo... am I missing something? Any helpful I repeat helpful suggestions are welcomed.
Yup mine does the same, 96 ACR, basically done what you did, now I just make sure I always have gas, and let it come and go as it pleases..........
Erroneous Maximus wrote:

One thing you may or may not have thought of is looking at the connector on the dash that the cluster sits into. Maybe they have corrosion on the contacts, are spread too wide apart, or are just not making very good connection at all, and are only making intermittent connection as a result. Just a though or two.

On Sat, 27 May 2006 11:25:02 -0500, "Abby Normal"

My daughter's 98 HiLine hadinstrument problems too - I went to the scrappies and got a replacement instrument panel, swapped odo's and problem solved.

***