2000 Dodge Intrepid rattling sound at idle

Hi. Thanks in advance for reading this. I'm new here and hoping someone might be able to help me solve a problem I am having with my 00 Dodge Intrepid. The car runs great, but when I start it up and when I let it sit
and idle, I get this loud rattling sound almost like the sound a diesel engine makes at idle. I swear something has to be rubbing somewhere, but I can't find the problem. Any suggestions?
Put it up on jack stands/ramps and have someone rev it up a bit while you listen at the catalytic converter. Could be it's breaking up. I know you said it was only at idle, but maybe it's doing it while you're accelerating and don't realize it.
warstoryz wrote:

could also be a stone in a heat shield somewhere or a heat shield that has a cracked weld. I've had both at one time or another either could make a rattling sound.