91 Stealth SRS Warning Light

I have a 91 Stealth ES that has the SRS warning light lit. I have checked the front impact sensors according to the service manual and they show the required 2000 ohms per sensor. The clockspring was
tested and shows proper continuity. I obtained another control module and swapped it out with the hopes that it was the module. The light is still on. Is there a way to get an error code to aid in diagnosing the problem. Also how is the SRS light reset?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"" wrote: > I have a 91 Stealth ES that has the SRS warning light lit. I > have > checked the front impact sensors according to the service > manual and > they show the required 2000 ohms per sensor. The clockspring > was > tested and shows proper continuity. I obtained another > control module > and swapped it out with the hopes that it was the module. The > light > is still on. Is there a way to get an error code to aid in > diagnosing > the problem. Also how is the SRS light reset?
The SRS light needs to be reset at the dealer. They use a special electronic doodad to reset the light. Iíve watched them do it from under the dash in about 10 minutes. If you find a decent dealership to work with. You can take it to either dodge or mitsubishi, but Mitsu probably has more recent exp with it than the mopar dealers. The SRS light will kick on if you let a battery die completely before replacing it. Iíve had it do that twice on me, and mine still glows as well, but only because I wonít return to the dealer anymore.
The SRS is the airbag indicator. All it does is irritate you. Some people even remove the bulb to ignore the problem. The airbag will still deploy, as evidenced by several members at the stealth 3000GT owners club will attest to. (www.3si.org)
It doesnít cost much if they do charge you for it, 60 bucks or so, but iíve got them to do me for free before.
Lord Warlock
‚úĖ