92 Dodge Shadow America

This car will start when starting from cold start but after it warms up it will not fire again. I just put a fuel pump relay in it because it was bad. Put timing belt in before this all started. replaced cap rotor plugs and wires thinking i was getting a short somewhere but no help. So please anyone that has had this problem please help me.

Reply to
camrolvr

My first check would be the fuelpump, because it is a motor it could stop pumping. So check the fuel press. after it stalls.

Reply to
utrechtman

Fuel filter clogging up. Happens when the pump has been run on empty too often. Thatt is my first guess. Second thing I'd check is spark. you may have a hot fault developing and reducing the spark after it warms up. Both are easy to check.

Reply to
George Jaynes

As I understand it, the car starts when cold and runs fine, it just won't restart when hot. Check to see if you have spark. According to the wiring diagrams the coil is controlled directly by the engine controller. If you don't have spark then the engine controller could be the problem. Do you smell raw fuel in the tail pipe? If so then the injector could be leaking and flooding the engine when you shut it off.

Gyz

Reply to
Me