1996 Dodge caravan help

I have a 1996 dodge caravan with a 3.0 v6, and I?m having quite a problem. We just put a transmission in it, and now when we start it, when you put it in any gear the vehicle dies. There are also no trouble codes. Does anyone know what I sould look at, could it be the TCM,PCM, or any of the other sensors.

Reply to
wicket187

We put it in as in you did? If this vehicle has a crank sensor on it you may have damaged the sensor or did not install it and get the right air gap for it to work right.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Just curious, why would the crank sensor let it run until put in drive?

How about a locking converter not unlocking?

Reply to
tlc1196

Improper air gap. The reason why I said that is because I see this happen so many times after a trans has been taken out. Normally the person installs the crank sensor without installing the paper shim on the sensor and then crank sensor gets damaged. But yes, you are also right, a Torque converter that is not releasing could also cause this. A dirty throttle body could cause it too. The op would actually have to have a scan tool connected to see what the inputs and outputs of the trans and engine controller.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower