98 Sebring 2.5 no start

1998 Sebring convertible with 2.5 V6 will not start. Cranks fine. Has good spark on all cyls and 150psi compression all around. He put new plugs in, and we checked the fuel pump IS running. Fuel is
getting into the cyls as we verified by holding a "butane match" down the plug well and we got a good "whoosh" of flame. Possible it's flooding right away - occaisionally you get a "chuff" as if it is trying to start when the key is released.
No codes on the scanner OR with the on-off-on-off-on to read from the ODO. We pulled the front timing belt cover and checked for tension and damaged teeth - tension was good and no sign of bad teeth on the belt.
By cranking the engine with the compression tester in #1 and the plug grounded beside it the spark occurs where the compression gauge needle jumps - so the timing is close. It WAS running - nothing done to it that would affect timing or anything
What's the likely cause, from any of you Mopar guys who are familiar with the 2.5 engine?????
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:18:41 -0500, daytripper

Definitely not an impossibility - I'll check next time I see it.