no start stratu ES 2.5 V6

Hi, I got a problem with my stratus: My transmission was acting weird: It downshift sometimes from the third to first when it drove for a little while on the highway and take an exit (so was driving @ 100km for a while and slows down to around 30-40 km) When this happens, I put it on neutral, shut down the car and start it again and it resets the transmission to the right gear. But last time I did that, it would start and had to tow the car. I've verified the starter motor by jumping the solenoid and it turns A1. The battery reads 12.5V and did a check on it and the amp is good. The break pedal is hard and breaks barely. The power steering is off and hard to turn the car

The day light goes off while I turn the ignition switch and the night light not. While turning the ignition switch, the break light stays on (light looks like a (!) light on the dash) I've replaced the ground wire from the motor to the body recently and verified it. Seems it's A1. All lights in the car works so no fuses issue. What else should I verify? Could it be a distributor ignition system problem?

What happened couple days ago: I had to change the ground motor wire because it was rusted. I've levelled the battery liquid with distilled water Changed the water pump and changed the starter

That's the best I can think now. PLZ take a moment and write me if any other tests need to be done. Thanks

Reply to
magickarle

forgot to mention, could it be a defect starter relay ? magickarle a =E9crit :

Reply to
magickarle

You may have multiple problems ... the new no start issue is likely either a bad battery/starter/ground connection or a defective starter solenoid. Given you just messed with the ground cable, I'd start there.

The old issue could be a power issue to the trans computer. If not that, then the trans requires proper maintenance. When was the fluid and filter last changed?

Bob

PS Your car has "brakes" not "breaks"

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Do you know is the solenoid is 12v? If yes, I could test it by jumping the relay n connect the battery on solenoid directly? The new ground wire is A1. Didn't over heat and current goes through fine. Battery reads A1 n was tested with an amp meter n A1. Starter motor work if I bypass the solenoid.

Fluid n filter was changed in spring (so 8 months ago) because the control unit was changed as well.

Bob Shuman a =E9crit :

Reply to
magickarle

I've found the problem: my ing, fuel starter fuse 20A was blown. I've put a new on and asa I started, it blow again (but I heard the starter click). What kind of troubleshoot can I do fo fix this issue? Thanks

Reply to
magickarle

Reply to
philthy

What exactly is "a fuel starter fuse?" Fuel pump or starter solenoid activation circuit?

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I didn't think the starter motor was fused.

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Yes, it's ignition, starter fuse no 8

as

there's a troubleshooting technique depending if it blows before turning ignition of while

thanks for your help. Bob Shuman a =E9crit :

Reply to
magickarle