belt noise & destruction

My son's 1998 Plymouth Voyager (same as Dodge Caravan) -- with over 100K mostly-highway miles -- makes a screeching slipping belt noise whenever the
A/C or defroster are activated. It's definitely engine related, as the noise changes with engine speed regardless of road speed, and the serpentine belt dies much faster than it should. The belt has been changed a couple of times already and dealer mechanics say they can see no reason for the problem.
Any ideas on what is causing the problem and how to fix it? (My only thought is that the belt tensioner has lost its tensioning ability...) Thanks.
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:57:04 GMT, "Ron Seiden"

has a belt tension guage)

check the comressor. I believe it is faulty aC compressoer. Take the belt out and try to compressor manually, I mean inner part. or when it is making sound check if the central part of compressor rotates.
On Feb 27, 12:45 pm, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

I agree that it might be the compressor since you did say in another message that your lights on your dash were blinking (its a calibration test and the lights will go off after 20 minutes)