1998 Plymouth Voyager mini-van

Sorry if this is a duplicate post - I couldn't find anything like it in the archives.

I have a Voyager van with about 175,000 kilometres on it (about 125K miles ??).

I live in the snow belt. In the morning and sporadically the transmission will act up. It will go into reverse or drive and work fine for a bit. At the first stop - about a block - the transmission feels as it goes into neutral. Press the gas and the engine races. After a minute the transmission will engage and the van is fine for the rest of the day. It is not slipping - it is just like it is in neutral.

Any thoughts before I go the the shop and they suggest a $2000 rebuild unit??

Thanks Scotty

Reply to
tequila_scotty

tequila_scotty wrote in news:bf168ed0-ce4c-4e6e- snipped-for-privacy@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

Your calculator is broken. That's less than 110,000 miles.

Reply to
Tegger

Plymouth Cars were named for a certain brand name of twine. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I just guessed, sorry.

As for the twine thing - huh???

I should mention that fluid was first thing checked - sorry not to note it. It has been recently changed - but not the filter. I guess I can do that but didn't want to if the thought if the whole transmission has gone south.

Thanks Scotty

Reply to
tequila_scotty

I had the thing thing happen this past fall and my brother had me change the filter [ thought he was nuts ] since it was like 2000 miles since last done. well I have 15000 miles since and no problems

Reply to
boogie51

Reply to
philthy