1998 Plymouth Voyager "Service Engine" Codes

Slow city driving in the rain today when, with no warning or mishap,
the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. No symptoms, car runs fine.
Tried the ignition key on-off-on-off-on trick and got the "Service
Engine Soon" light to blink out codes: 12 43 55. Alpar.com interprets
this as two codes, 12 and 43 with 55 as "end of codes" delineator.
The 12 code is: "Battery or Computer recently disconnected"
The 43 code is: "Peak primary coil current not achieved with max dwell
time...OR...Cylinder misfire...OR...Problem with power module to logic
module interface"
Yikes!
A few days ago I had a mechanic repair a slight leak of transmission
fluid at the radiator connection... perhaps he disconnected the battery
as a safety measure before doing the work. But the other items??
Anybody have any idea how I could differentiate among the three
possibilitiues for code 43?
Also, is there a way to reset the system so that the "Service Engine
Soon" light will go out?
Thanks.
Reply to
kit
[...]
resetting codes?? - want disconnecting the battery grounding cable for five minutes, then connecting it back - do it?
m h o =A0v =83e
Reply to
fiveiron
I think you should have the codes read out of the computer to find the real problem. AutoZone's will usually do it free....
resetting codes?? - want disconnecting the battery grounding cable for five minutes, then connecting it back - do it?
m h o v fe
Reply to
Woody
Get it read with a scan tool, after 1997 anyway. My book shows 43 to be a misfire condition, either multicylinder or single cylinder, but to go further the scan tool is recommended.
Reply to
<HLS

Site Timeline Threads