Dodge Stratus 2004

I recently purchased a 2004 Dodge Stratus with the 2.7 motor.
I read on MSN a couple days ago that this particular motor has periodic timing chain and chain guide problems.
I visited with a mechanic today about this problem.
He said that actually the problem is after so many miles the chain tensioner collapes which causes the chain and the guides to fall. This in turn bends a valve and then the engine needs new heads.
He went on to state that the chain tensioner should be replace at about 50,000 miles.
Has anyone had this problem and is this good advice?
Good advise would be to change the oil at the proper intervals and you wont have problems such as those. Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech