Dual air control heater problem

I have a '98 grand voyager with dual air control. The drivers side does not blow heat.The passenger side seems to work fine.One of the few shops in town suggests it may be the air control module gone bad costing
around$400.I have done the following:1.Changed the Thermostat. 2.Performed the calibration test, All seems to work fine, actually blew hot air during the test. 3.Checked for heated hoses in and out of heater coil, both hot. 4.Flushed radiator, but during all 3 drainings I only got about 7 quarts of fluid out instead of 13 from all the books. 5.I removed the cover under the drivers side dash and both heater core tubes are extremely hot, but when I work the lever from hot to cold the little geared wheel does not seem go all the way around.The square shaft does turn more than the gear. The air conditioner works great!

zone system, if it is hot on one side the thermostat is good. This goes the same with the coolant. If you did a calibration test and it blew hot on both sides. Replace the A/C control Head.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Is the control head and the control module the same thing?And if so, is there any temporary fix available until $400 comes along, like maybe locking the vent door in the heat position?

and temp change is bad. I don't patch things and couldn't answer your other question. But try a junk yard for a used part. make sure the part numbers on back of the controller are the same.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech