Help: 97 Dodge Intrepid PCM scan problem

Dodge experts,
1997 Intrepid, SE, 3.5L, 24V, Automatic
The car runs perfect. No codes, etc. Went to get it inspected, and they could not read the PCM through the OBDII connector.
I borrowed a scanner from Autozone, and it too could not read the computer. I tested four of the wires from the connector to the PCM (xmt, rcv, data+ and data-) and all were good.
Any ideas?
TIA for any help or recommendations.
Bill
First of all when you say it cant be read what exactly does that mean? does it not give you anything? does it say something like no communication? Or is it just a blank screen?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Hey, I have a question to Glenn, i've got a 94 Spirit 3.0, and for some reason when ever I brake hard the radio and dome light loose power, when I do it again (brake hard) they come back on, I dont blow fuses or anything.
Any suggestions?

does
[...]

YEP, Sounds like a loose connection or wire from the harness. when you apply the brakes you cause the car to shift weight and that moves the wiring slightly were your problem is. Get off your duff and with the power on. start jiggling and pulling wires until the radio and dome light go off. Then you found the wire or connection that needs to be tightened.
Well whoever was the first owner, had a security system, it is still installed, but unhooked at the battery and the wires going to the fuse box inside or sensor or what ever they goto, so its disabled, but those wires that run right below or beside the brake master cylinder was the first place I am going to start.

reason
it
apply
Then

Good place to start, make sure they routed the wires properly and didnt leave any bare wires hanging down. You will basically have to do a wigle test with the harnesses to try and duplicate the problem

The screen light up (there is poweer (pink line))
There is no response from the PCM when scanner transmits a request.
Glen,
Here is a more clear explanation.
I plug in the Actron scanner, turn the key to ignition, and press read on the scanner. The scanner sits there for a about 30 seconds, and finally displays "no response" from the pcm.
Using another scanner (Palm PDM software and interface from Harrison (Houston, TX)), the software reposts "can't sync with the pcm".
However, using the ignition key on, off, on 3 times method (to get the MIL to blink out any codes) works ok. Anf the can runs fine.
It is like one or more of the PCM data lines to the data link connnector are bad.
Bill

does
Bill, The data link connector that the scan tool hooks up to could have issues. Test each wire in the connector. 1 cav empty 2 cav yl/vt PCI bus 3 empty 4 black ground 5 black ground 6 lg sci recieve PCM 7 db SCI transmit (TCM) 8 rd/wt Fused igniton switch output 9 empty 10 empty 11 empty 12 empty 13 empty 14 Pk/lb sci recieve 15 empty 16 Pk fused B+ 7
Thanks. I will test each wire in the back to the PCM or ground. Bill

Glen,
This is a followup to my last post. Thanks for the pin assignments. I finally got around to test everything.
All pins at the ODBII connector check out. I did both a continuity test from the connector to the appropiate pins at the connectors to the PCM and the TCM units, and to the grounded pins. All wires checked out.
I also did a resistance test between each non grounded pin to the other pins. Results are:
5 to 6 ---> 14.94 ohms    (ground to SAE J2284 high) 5 to 7 ---> .13 ohms (ground to K Line of ISO) 5 to 14 --> 0.00 ohms (ground to SAE J2284 low)
Battery voltage at pin 16 is good.
The scanner still won't sync with the PCM.
What do you think? Bad PCM, TCM?
The car runs good. I am at a loss.
TIA Bill

does
Or
Have you tried to connect the scanner to another vehicle? Not sure what kind of scanner it is, Does it do all years? And no I wouldnt replace modules based on that, if everything is working leave it alone
1997 Dodge Intrepid, 3.5L, 225/60 R16 tires, w/o traction control 3 different scanners were tried on the Intrepid:
1. a Harrison model which uses a PC or a Palm PDA as the read out device; 2. a Actron CP9135, which Autozone uses; and 3. the usit used at the Texas car emissions test facility.
1. and 2. both worked on other cars, 1996 and up.
My big problem is that here in Texas, I have to pass an emissions test to get the sticker and because they can't scan the PCM, they won't pass the car.
Can you or anyone else do a quick resistance test between pin 6 (HIGH signal line) and ground? I get approx 15 ohms.
If the cirsuit on the PCM that handles the interfacing from the outside world was defective then that would explain why the PCM could run the can fine but not talk to the scanner. What do you think?
My last resort is to replace the PCM and/or the TCM. I am running out of time.
TIA Bill

mean?
communication?
kind
What do you have at pins 3 and 11 of the data link connector, key on voltage reading? 2.5 volts on both?

I will test it in the morning.

with ign key on of off:
pin 3 to ground is 2.64V pin 11 to ground is 2.64V