08 Dodge 1500 prices

Dealer here has an 08, 1500, short bed, V6, six speed truck for $13,999. Trying to figure out if that's a good deal or just the going price. They have a high doc fee and add some BS paint treatment and window etching. Out the door would be about $16,250.

So deal or no deal?

Also found an automatic 1500 short bed, V6 with the towing package, 3.91 Sure Grip, tow mirrirs, 40/20/40 seat and so on for $17K + tax and license.

Both trucks have cruise. Is that standard now?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

in 05 the cruise was an option but a VERY common one. even my LS had cruise. not much else mind you unless you count the power in your arms as a "power option"

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

Find the truck you want, negotiate your best price and tell 'em that IF they want you to pay for doc fees, paint treatment or window etching, the deal is off... plain and simple!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

I was buying a 1986 Chevy. We made the deal. Sales gal starts telling me about the "Doc Fees". I said I ain't paying no doc fees. She said "You'd kill the deal on the truck over a hundred dollars?" I said that's right! I didn't pay any doc fees.

Ed Dowdy :)

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

Good fer you!!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

All good info., but what I want to know is, is $13,999 a deal or not?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

It is if you want it to be. Seriously, you are the one who has to make that decision. NEVER make a major buying decision based upon someone else's opinion.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

write down the exact specifics of the truck and call at least two other dealers. then you will know. i buy all of my trucks on a fleet program and don't spend time shopping. i have purchased my last 8 mopar vehicles not only from the same dealer but the same salesman. when i call they know i am serious and thus give me a serious price.

there are about four pricing schedules at most dealers. fleet prices for people who return often, invoice pricing for people that know how to haggle, msrp for someone with a little knowledge and msrp plus delivery/tag/title/sales tax/options/dealer prep/etc. for the folks that just want to walk out the door with the easy payment plan that day. michael

Reply to
nunya

You can get pricing info at

Nosey

Found one more. 08, 1500, 4.7L V8, auto. 3.91 LS, side curtain airbags, CD, cruise. $16,999.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

and the side curtain airbags are for what? oh yeah, to keep the sun out of our eyes. ;-) hope you enjoy the new truck. michael

Reply to
nunya