Mileage.... 08 1500

Anybody got a reasonable set of mileage numbers on the 08 1500 Ext Cab w/

5.3L work truck?
Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have a 2007 crew cab LT2 with 5.3, 3.73 rear end. I get ~16 MPG commuting into Dallas, and 19 to 20 highway. If it is pushed around frequently in town it will easily drop to 13 or less.

Reply to
JF

Do you tow with it at all?

When you say highway what are your highway speeds. On the interstate here in Az the posted speed is 75 and most folks drive about 80. In town the freeway drops to 65 and most folks run just over 70.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have been knows to occasionally exceed the posted limits, but by and large I stick to the speed that the sign suggests. When commuting into Dallas in I35, you are lucky if you can hit the posted speeds much less exceed them especially during rush hour. You lucky people in Phoenix also have the added distraction on 101 called Speed Cameras. You have my sympathy.

Towing has been a couple of SeaDoos, and a heavy 22 foot boat. It does O.K. with the SeaDoos, but the boat dropped the mileage down to 10 (also had 4 people and a bed full of stuff). If you tow big stuff a lot, go for the 6.0, I sometime wish I had. I still prefer my old departed '96 Vortec 350 to this new 5.3, even though the 5.3 has more ponies and is smoother. This 5.3 will get 22 mpg if it is driven a reasonable 65 mph on an open road, but ya gotta be nice to the gas peddle to do it.

Reply to
JF

I have a 2004 extended cab z71 so it doesn't have the electric fans and displacement on demand like the newer trucks. My highest is 21, lowest was

14.5 when we were stuck in traffic for two hours and the outside temperature was over 100. overall average is 17.5, this is driving to work and back in the city and occasional trips in the mountains of WV.
Reply to
Eugene