1989 Dodge Dakota a/c refrigerant capacity?

I'm converting to R-134A, and instructions say to put in 80% of original capacity. But I cannot find that capacity anywhere: not in the owners manual, not my Haynes repair manual, or under the hood. I'd appreciate that
information if anyone can supply it. Thanks.
"Karl" wrote: > I'm converting to R-134A, and instructions say to put in 80% > of original > capacity. But I cannot find that capacity anywhere: not in the > owners > manual, not my Haynes repair manual, or under the hood. I'd > appreciate that > information if anyone can supply it. Thanks.
I would start out with two cans and see how it cools. It "should hold around 30oz give or take. When converting to R134a it is better to be a little undercharged than overcharged as R134a does devlope higher pressure than R12 hence the 80% recommandation. It will not cool as well as R12 but some systems do okay whiel with some it is more noticable. Make sure you evacuate the system with a vacum pump before you switch it over.