2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Pick Up - clicking/rattleing noise

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Pick Up, 73,000 miles. It is running really fine for me, no problems whatsoever.
However, I have a clicking/rattleing noise, which is defenitely comming from
the engine and noticeable under the following conditions only: - when slightly accelerating at around 40mph / 1200 rpm or - when strongly accelerating at around 3000 rpm..
Any idea where that might be comming from?
Any help to pin point the issue is highly appreciated. Axel
Detonation possibly. Next time it's empty, run a tank of premium and see if you have the same issues.
--
Laszlo Almasi

Exhaust manifold leak? Check the bolts that hold the manifolds to the heads.
I'd still try the fuel. Kinda sounds like ball bearings in a tin can right?
--
Laszlo Almasi

comming
The 2000 Dak has a problem that might be similar to yours. One of the bonding straps from the engine to the firewall was too short such that it would telegraph lifter noise to the firewall and causes normal lifter sounds to seem much louder than they should. Could be something to look at on your 1500.