2007 Jeep / 2008 T&C TPMS

I have two new vehicles with Tire Pressure Monitor Systems, 2007 Jeep Compass and a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country. When I rotate the tires how to I
reset the wheel location for the tire pressure monitoring system. The owners manual doesn't seem to discuss wheel location changes.
Thanks Kevin

I don't think you have to do anything.
so... how does the system know where the tire is?

ks wrote:

That's a hard one. http://www.wjjeeps.com/tpms.htm for the older ones used a magnet. The newer ones have a code that can be done with the DRBIII scantool. I have heard that after the vehicle sits for about 4 hours (key out) the vehicle will attempt to relearn where the wheels are.
Since it's a new version I'd just call the dealership and ask.
--
DougW

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:21:57 -0500, DougW wrote:

the magnet was for calibration IRRC.
--
Chris

I believe it just monitors each tire at each location. Doesn't track track them when rotated.
Laszlo Almasi
The only thing the manual actually does say is they use the same receiver as the key fob.

Do you have any info you can see on your instrument panel? On my GM, I can reset the tire monitor from the dash.
I think Ford has something like that too.
I would assume Chrysler would have something similar.