Am I getting ripped off?

Page 3 of 3
wrote:

Blinker fluid - http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6
Muffler Bearing - http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id
Piston Return Spring - http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id '
Don't pay too much for specialty items.
FMB (North Mexico)

I just had to look.... Got browsing around and ended up buying the awd kit for the wife's T&C. Hell it was only $450 and now I can put a blade on it and she can help with the snow...if we ever get any. Maybe ole Snoidiot uses them..
Denny

Pink performance parts? I'm about to install a radiator insulator. Not the fancy KaleCo one, I get the disposable ones made by Anheuser-Busch. It's going down to 19F tonight (extreme cold for Atlanta) and I want a bit of heat in the cab when I get off work in the morning.
KaleCo radiator insulator: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id5
--
Ken

Dude, that is just too damn funny!

I wonder how much damage to the hose was caused by the mechanic twisting and pulling on the hose to get it off? Personally I think she is getting "hosed"! If I had to remove one end on the suspect hose to replace the pump it would have been replaced. Certainly, without question for a $2 hose. When ever I have had a failure with the coolant system of any of my vehicles I have replaced ALL the hoses, unless I had replaced them fairly recently. I would not expect a shop to go to that extreme, but I find it cheap insurance in the long run. Greg

I would think that the bypass hose would always be replaced when servicing the thermostat, because pulling the thermostat in V-8s from the late 1990s models involves quite a bit of disassembly (remove alt, a/c, and brackets). They relocated the themostat housing in subsequent models.
I'm a cynic, but I can imagine that perhaps your shop didn't have the correct hose laying around, and wanted to get your job out and billed. Now that I'm mad at the mechanic, I also imagine that he damaged the bypass hose by prying at it with a screwdriver :)
Martin