and what is a pcm an error message P 0601

I have this '01 Dakota with ....would someone > please tell me what this error is....and possible remedies......Thx... and what is a pcm? I learned chemistry in school and not dodge truck
2001 4.7 53k miles
thanks for all of your help and sorry for the repost
billy wrote:

The following URL, although a VW site, has a good explanation of what OBD-II is, why it exists, and how it is used.
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/vw/vw.dtc.table.htm
or if you want the official Dodge info, try http://tinyurl.com/a9qcr
Among its information is that PCM stands for Power Control Module. This is the computer that monitors and controls the Powertrain.
Looking down the list, you will see:
P0602 Control Module Programming Error/Malfunction
This means that there is a problem with the computer. About the only thing you can do yourself is disconnect a battery lead for 15 min, which will reset it. If it comes back, you need professional help. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid8075