98 Ram Rear end noise

Final update - the head wrench called to let me know that the keeper pin in the limited slip had failed which allowed the disks to 'move around' and 'wear out'. Likely that was the metal that caused the bearings to fail after only 89,000 miles. So I get a rebuilt rear end, new disks, new bearing, same old ring and pinion for a grand. If it works, I'm happy. Phil

Reply to
Phil Rhodes