Caravan maintenance question

Hi,
I just bought a 3.8L 2000 grand caravan, about 170KM on it. I am not sure what type of maintenances has been done so far. So is there any way to find
out? Should I consider replacing engine belt or transmission fluid or...?
Thanks for any help-Rob
Rob wrote:

Change the oil and oil filter, go ahead change spark plugs. Also check the distb. Cap for damage and replace if needed also the same for the plug wires. Look at the trans fluid. If it looks brownish or dark then change it smell it to see if its burnent. Look at the belt and check for cracks and such and replace if needed. Also check out the brakes for wear.
Brian

find
Unless it was a fleet use vehicle such as a rental car, I doubt it and even then, you would have to contact it's previous owner. Replacing all of the fluids is a really good idea if you have no idea what the previous maintenance was and as for parts like belts, that is pretty much a look and see thing.

Rob wrote:

If it only has 170 kilometers on it I wouldn't do anything. That's only about 100 miles. If you mean 170,000 km then I'd look in the owner's manual and do /all/ of the scheduled maintenance items listed, then start the schedule over like it was a new vehicle.
--
Ken

And replace the timing belt just for fun.
beekeep

t belts on 3.8 are great fun. just hard to find one to fit.
--
-Chris