2000 Grand Caravan

I'm considering buying a used 2000 GV with 81,000 miles on it. Asking price is $5990. 3.3 engine. It doesn't have the overhead trip computer, temperature and compass on it. We really like this feature and wondered if anyone knows how difficult it would be to install this in this van. Or should I not even try. I think the temp sensor is behind the grill, but don't know what other things I may need to add.

thanks, nick

Reply to
ncs

If the transmission has never been rebuilt then take a pass. The overhead console ties into a lot of stuff, it would be a major project to add a factory OEM one in. You would probably have to start by pulling down the headliner and pulling all the interior body plastic and dashboard out to get at the wire harnesses. The body wire harnesses between the overhead trip computer vehicles and the non-overhead trip computer vehicles are different.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Ted;

Thanks for the advice. Seems like a bigger job than I'd want to tackle. One question on the trans though. I thought Chrysler got past their transmission problems in the late 90's. If not, do you know which years would be a better buy.

thanks again, nick

Reply to
ncs