Dodge B150 w/ 3.9L stalls at highway speeds

My 94 Dodge B150 van (about 150k) with a 3.9L tbi stalls at highway speeds. No bucking, coughing, rough runing or any other warning symptom -- just dies at 60 mph. Also dies at low speeds and sometimes also at idle -- same way. Sometimes it will restart imediately, sometimes I must wait two or three minutes before it will start. Did complete tune-up: air & gas filters, wires, plugs, cap, rotor, egr valve. No codes set other than egr. Drove it about

200 continous miles at 65/70 mph with no problem. Next day it stalled four times within 30 miles at 65 mph Doesn't appear to be weather related - stalls on both wet & dry days. Anyone have any ideas here?
Reply to
decorig

If you have the original cat it could be clogged.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Or a fuel pump

Reply to
Advocate

It could be the PCM as well. Try disconnecting the battery overnight to purge everything from it and see what happens.

Reply to
TBone

The pickup in the distributor. Disconnect the pickup cable and check the continuity while wiggling the cable.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Ace

I would check fuel filter and pump first.

SnoMan