E85 Conversion Kit

not only infrastructure insufficiency concerns, but what about the danger of handling the stuff? would you trust the average idiot on the road to fuel a fuel cell vehicle?

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Yea but if it was a dodge you wouldnt have had to push it off the road, Dodges leave ya in the drive if they leave you at all ;)

unlike the damn chebbies that like to leave you on the side of a extreemly busy interstate in rush hour.

*grin*

hope ya have a speedy recovery man

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

My thoughts exactly, Stephen. Unless they can source the hydrogen from something other than oil, they haven't really accomplished all that much.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

From what I have read, some auto-manufacturers have designed a refrigerator sized hydrogen generator that the vehicle owners can use to recharge the vehicle at home in their garage.

But unless the cars are available, who is going to invest the money in that infrastructure. The cars will be out way before the full infrastructure is in place and many will probably be fueled initially by personal H2 generators.

We will probably never be free from the stuff but reduced demand reduces prices and dependency.

Reply to
TBone

Do you really think that gasoline is any safer????

Reply to
TBone

He has had a few problems but the doctor said that it isn't anything life threatening. He was supposed to be released from the hospital Friday but now it look more like Tuesday and even then, we are not sure if he will be home for Thanksgiving.

LOL

Reply to
TBone

the military doesnt drop gasoline bombs....

aside from that, no i dont trust the average idiot with a piece of paper much less a match and anything that might catch fire.

but i live in a state where they put braille letters on the DRIVE UP ATM....need i say more?

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

They don't drop hydrogen gas bombs either.

And yet, many of them pump their own gas which is actually far more dangerous.

LOL, they are all like that and it is scary.

Reply to
TBone

I hope all works out for him and even if he can't totally enjoy it, that he is home for Turkey day. It sucks being in the hospital on days like that.

Reply to
azwiley1

Not true.. Well, no it's partially true. They don't drop them anymore, but they used too. Some variants of Napalm were made from jellied gasoline.

Reply to
azwiley1

This will work if we can separate the H2 from water.

What good is a hybrid vehicle if your electricity is made from fossil fuels? In Hawaii, for example, most power is from diesel generators.

Reply to
jbohren

Hi jbohren I never noticed a single generator while I was stationed on Oahu. Where do they keep these diesel generators? I didn't see any at Pearl Harbor, Hickam, or Kaneohe Bay. I toured Honolulu, Waikiki and the North Shore several times without ever seeing one.

Reply to
Nosey

Reply to
Abby.Normal

I dunno about Oahu, but the island of Hawaii has about;

67 MW generating from #6 Fuel Oil, 120 MW by #2 Diesel, 60 MW by Naphtha 30 MW by Geothermal, 12.9 by Wind Turbine, 16.3 by Hydro. (October 2006 figures)

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

A lot of the generators are hidden in plain sight. Just about all the hotels on the islands have there own generation systems running off diesel. This also gets tapped for homes in the area (one of the stipulations of the building permit process is how much of a base load the generating equipment can handle.

Reply to
Steve W.

Things are starting to look much better. The swelling went down on its own and the doctor didn't have to open it up again. He has also surpassed the other people in therapy who had a 4 day headstart on him and the doctor plans on releasing him today and letting him go home, no need for a rehab facility so he will be home for Thanksgiving. Now lets just hope that I can get there without too much hell. Have a great holiday.

Reply to
TBone

Which we can and by many forms of energy.

Because even with fossil fuels, they are much more efficient at extracting the energy from the fuel and do it with far less emissions than a gas or diesel engine.

Reply to
TBone