Ext Cab Rear door latch

I have a 2001 Dodge ext cab, and the drivers side rear door, lower latch is STUCK, I have the interior panel off and have disconnected the alum rod, and even taken the nuts off of the bolts of the latch
assembly, I have no idea where to go from here, I cannot get it to release so I can open the door and replace the latch,,Please help