cab fliter on 98 ext cab

Anyone know if and where the cab filter is located on a 98 ext cab? I
can tell you where it's not located..also, I've seen the term "hush"
used when talking about stuff under the dash...what is hush? The dash
panels or something else?
Thanks for any help...after several trips to Black Rock I keep getting
that dusty smell all year long..
Tony Alcocer
Reply to
Tony Alcocer
well i have tried to find mine also on a 2000 silverado z71 extended cab, and yet have found mine, so if anyone can help me also, or has a web page with pics that would be great also, thanks
Reply to
Charles H.
Removal Procedure 1.. Remove the instrument panel hush panel. 2.. Remove the filter access door screw. 3.. Remove the filter access door from the HVAC module. Remove the passenger compartment air filters. Installation Procedure 1.. Install the passenger compartment air filters. 2.. Install the filter access door to the HVAC module.
3.. Install the filter access door screw. Tighten Tighten the screw to 1.6 N·m (14 lb in).
4.. Install the instrument panel hush panel
There you go. Cam
Reply to
GM Tech
I don't know about the 98 - the 2000 should be the same as my 99 Z71. On the passenger side, looking up from the floor board, there are three screws that hold the "hush Plate" - its a cover that goes from the middle of the truck all the way to the right side. It covers all the heater vents at the floor level. After you take that cover off the filters are almost in sight. I didn't take my cover off - I have a console, so I just dropped it down and had enough room to change the filters. The filter cover is about an inch wide, it has a latch in the front. Its a plastic thing sorta like unplugging an electrical connector. It has one screw in the bottom. I didn't have to do anything with the screw. After you unlatch it, it dropps down and swings to the right easy enough. There are 2 filters. After you slide the first one out, there's enough room to get the second one. The new filters are directional - air flows to the left. It ain't that complicated - its just a pita! .
Reply to
George
After you take that panel down, just about in line with the left side of the glove box, there is a cover that holds the filters in. You do have the filters! The latch mechanism is on the vertical part of the cover and the screw is on the bottom pointing up. .
Reply to
George
I don't know when they started - mine's a 99. I've had heater ducts out of every kind of car ever made (I think) and I never imagined the dirt that the filters pick up. They're called in-cab air filters and just an inquiry at the local parts shop can show if they exist for your truck. I got mine at AZ for $11 plus - the dealer price was $23. .
Reply to
George
I thought the 99 Z71 Tahoe's were the last of the old body style and leaf spring Tahoe's. Didn't the LT/LS Tahoe's change to the new style in 99 along with the trucks one year ahead of the Z71 Tahoe? Wasn't the 99 Z71 Tahoe on a 3/4 ton set up? Guessing based on 6 bolt rims, brakes, leaf springs, shocks etc.. the 99 brochures.
Reply to
Gump

Site Timeline Threads