Gas prices coming on down!

Page 1 of 2
Well finally gas prices are comming down some. I paid $2.49/gallon yesterday, the cheapest its been here in North Carolina for a while! It only cost $56 to fill up my Ram, compaired to $74 few weeks ago.
They say its comming down to $2 soon!
Scott
Even if it does, don't count on it staying that way.
"Scott" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Here is something that I still don't understand, why is the price for diesel higher then for gas? As I understood it, it takes less refining for diesel then for gas.

There is a few reasons that diesel is high still. Right now heating oil/ diesel is trading at about 1.92 on futures market and gas for 1.65. Diesel has more road tax that gas does so figure on about 75 cents to 1 buck more for diesel than trade price depending on where you are for tax and distriibution. With gas figure on 45 to 65 cent markup for same depending on where you are. Also they are stiarting to stock pile heating oil for winter now so do not hold your breath looking for cheap diesel because it is about as cheap as it is going to get now and if it is a cold winter figure on 50 cents to a buck more a gallon for it. The days of diesel being cheaper than gas are gone forever most likely. Then there is the cost to remove sulpher which adds 8 to 15 cents a gallon too and all fuel must be low sulpher next year and continue to get even lower in coming years reaching its target of around 5 PPM by 2013 which will add even more cost to fuel in future. BTW I filled up with 93 octane yesterday for 2.39/gal and 87 is 2.19. Diesel here is 2.87. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Have you found that knock sensor yet?
just wondering.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

----------------- TheSnoMan.com
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:36:37 -0400, "Chris Thompson"

Guess you have not grown up still huh? Get a life
93 octane was 2.33 today here. 87 was 2.13, diesel still 2.87 ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

Today it came down to $2.45 but diesel is $2.81

no I'm asking a question. you implied that there was a knock sensor on a 8.0L I want to know where. if you know where it is why not share the information? seriously!
--
----------------------------
-Chris

Glad to hear it... I'll still take 19MPG @ $2.87/gal (15.1 cents per mile) over 10MPG @ $2.33/gal (23.3 cents per mile - can't run 87, you said so yourself, but even if you could, it's still more expensive to operate). That's why my V10 stays parked, and my diesel handles the commuting duties.

I just got back from 10 days RVing in the Davis, Big Ben, and Guadalupe Mountains. I got 11 MPG towing my 14.5K 5th Wheeler and 19 MPG when I wasn't. That's up from 9 MPG and 17 from my last trip. I guess she's started to get broken in.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply

I understand your enthusiasm, I was glad to see it at $2.29 yesterday myself. But, how sad is it that we're looking forward to $2/gal?
Ron W.
Well here in Southern Calif. regular is $2.89, and kinda pleased to see that. $2.00 a gallon here, I don't think so.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Ron Webb wrote:

Yea, i remember a few years ago it was only $.98. $2/gal was sky high, but it beats paying $3/gallon.
$2.59 in seacoast area of New Hampshire.

Yep.. wasn't that long ago that it hit $1.25 here and everyone was bitching.. Mac
Just put gas in my g/f's car yesterday....$2.39/gal in Raleigh.
Laszlo Almasi
On 9/10/06 7:07 PM, in article yU3Ng.56526$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net,

Its 98 a litre here or 3.71 gal
Where is "here"? I think that's your government's tax making it that high. They need to bring in funds somehow to pay for all those things they give you guys
Laszlo Almasi