How hard to put a 96 5.2 into my carbed 87 318 truck?

I have an 87 W100 pickup with a carb and would like to get fuel injection. I can get a 96 van with a 5.2 that runs great for next to nothing. How hard to change everything over? Will the engine mate up
with my tranny/transfer case? or what's the chances of the new tranny matching up with the transfer case? How hard would the wiring be? Motor mounts match up? Anything else I should consider? I'm hoping to improve my 11mpg I am currnently getting with an Edelbrock carb/ manifold/cam by switching to fuel injection. Any help is greatly appreciated. George

i have a 97 1500 ram 4x4 with a fuel injected 360. it gets 11 mpg. you will pick up some driveability improvements but i doubt there will be enough of an increase in fuel mileage to make it worth the expense and effort. just my 2 cents. michael
Agreed that fuel economy won't improve much, unless he ends up with an extra forward gear with the swapped automatic.
But drivability improvements, especially torque and horsepower, will probably be significant.

I wish it was easier to go the other way. I've got a '69 440 out of a GTX that would make my '97 Dakota very interesting!
Ken
His 2 cents are worth nothing