Lifter Question

Does anyone know the approximate life of the Dodge 318 c.i Hyd lifter? My 1996 Ram 1500 4X2 has 288K miles on it, and I was wondering if I should replace the lifters. I am not having problems with it, however I would like
to keep this truck on the road for as long as possible! Any information would be a great help to me. Thanks David
As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you really have 288K miles on it already, the lifters should be the least of your concerns.

"DMSO" <D_Saint snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
Yup, I really do have 288K on it, and so far so go, as they say. Thanks for your input, I do agree with don't fix what ain't broke. But I would like to avoid any nasty surprises if I can. Again, thanks David

what kind of nasty surprise are you expecting out of a lifter?
if it isn't ticking then I'd leave it be.
--
-Chris