litte heat

I bought a 1997 dodge converson van, 3.9l primetime...and the heater only gets luke warm. The temp gauge goes to a little over 1/4 up gage. I replaced the thermostat and it doesn't seemed to have helped. Ideas?

Reply to
Steve Beineke

"Steve Beineke" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.travel.com...

Had the same problem when I first picked up a similar conversion van. Turned out to be low on cooling fluid with a component of air trapped in the cooling system.

Reply to
NotMe

Yup, you might have to bleed it a bit.

Reply to
Roy

The heater coil may need to be removed and cleaned/replaced. Not a hard job on a van.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

If you have the ability, also find out exactly how hot the engine is running. Don't discount the possibility that the new thermostat is defective either. That happens.

Reply to
PeterD

You can measure the metal hose connection with an ir gauge if it's not too shiny.

My 93 dakotal is clogged I'm sure because of low heat.

Greg

Reply to
zekor