New Ford Heavy Duty w/twin turbos?

Page 3 of 5
Because superchargers use some of the engines power to make power and that reduces MPG and superchargers are nowhere near as controllable as turbo's
have become.
"NapalmHeart" < snipped-for-privacy@iserv.net> wrote in message
They were talking '07's so I guess it's the twin turbo model? One thing about hanging around those places, you either get really good info or it's totally whacked out, not much in between. This one seemed on the level else I wouldn't have passed it on. I hope it's either not true or it's exaggerated.

Two more things on a ford to fu*king fall off.
--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---
LOL, that may be the case but my buddies F350 stomped on a Cummins Ram last week and he has yet to let me forget it.
"Scott Hendryx" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
Probably an old 12 valve

Nope, I was in the truck with him and it was a 05 or 06 and his truck is just about completely stock. Now we turned off about a 1/4 of a mile down the road so it may be possible that the Cummins could have caught back up and that the driver of the Dodge was slow to react but off of the line, his 96 F350 walked away from the Dodge.
"GeekBoy" < snipped-for-privacy@nerdy.com> wrote in message

I still would like to hear what was found to be wrong with your truck!
Roy

I never took it in,. I do know sometimes my perforance chip does not turn on or activate when I turn on the truck, causing significant power reduction.

The dodge was running biodeisel and the driver didn't relize the ford had mashed it until too late ( It was taking off so slowly). :-) Hard to make up four or five truck lengths over a 1/4 mile.

I still would like to hear what was found to be wrong with your truck!
Roy

Yeah it must have been the power chip that was offline for a few moments. It does that sometimes I went out today and put the foot on the fuel pedal while braking.
The RPMs kept going up and rear wheels started to spin once RPMs got up to about 2000.

Then that Ford was FAR from stock. IIRC in '96 the PowerStrokes were only 215 hp. vs. 325 for the new Dodge stock.
The Dodge wasn't new, it was about 2 years old, probably an 05.
"BigIronRam" < snipped-for-privacy@home.com> wrote in message

Dodges have been making 325HP since '04.5

Yea, with a big non-variable turbo that took its sweet ass time spooling up compared to the variable type that the Ford uses.

Really? a '96 Powerstroke with the IH 7.3L used a VG turbo?

Actually, it was never intended as a race. My buddy got on it to get to the turnoff before some other asshole in a car got there as they couldn't drive worth a shit. I guess that when the driver of the Dodge either saw the Ford next to him or saw us take off took it as a race and got on it as well but could not catch up before we turned off. Whatever the reason, I'm still taking abuse for it even though he knows that the Cummins is a superior engine. Hey, if everything goes as rumor makes it, pretty soon the Dodge will be using the Duramax engine, LOL!!
"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

So your buddies F350 didn't "stomp" on a Cummins Ram.
I'm using his words, not mine.