Sierra twin turbos

Found these beasts in my quest for new pleasures... Opinions?

fishman

Way too much money for a s**te old Sierra.

Reply to
SteveH

They are quick, they are feisty. Would be an excellent purchase if they are mechanically sound - inspect before bidding would be my opinion.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I used to have a 2.8i 4x4. The thing never let me down once, used to hammer the f*ck out of it too. Had to get rid in the end, too expensive to run.

Reply to
William McStay

this one wold be worth that if it had an mot seems to have been laid up for ages though, just look at the rust on the drivers side turbo if it runs and drives well, it's good, but you need to be able to drive it about in all sorts of situations, like traffic and high speeds etc you have to make sure they ain't overheating because they produce just crazy amounts of heat, enough to boil the brake fluid because the abs system sits right next to the turbo's you also need to see if the gearbox/drivetrain have stood up to the task of transmitting the power and the clutch will die if it's had a hard life you also need to find otu which conversion it was TT did the 225/250/280 ones, all with different bits internally and only differnt numbers to make them stand out on the fusebox has it got a boost gauge?

6 psi right up to 14 across the range

at least you can drive this one about :) thing is though, when you open them up, they will do single figures economy wise without any problems :)

Reply to
dojj

fishman raved thus:

:: Found these beasts in my quest for new pleasures... Opinions? :: ::

Get this one; it's got the numberplate of the beast...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Vamp raved thus:

:: to shitty fords

A toast!

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Reply to
Dan405

As a second car used for fun / self-maintenance these would be quite interesting, being rare and rapid.

As an everyday car that you'll be paying a garage to maintain, you may as well sit in a cold bath and tear up twenty pound notes, it's arguably a more pleasant experience and undoubtedly cheaper.

Reply to
Questions

why would he be paying a garage to maintain it? it's just a normal sierra thats got turbo's on it you just use better oil and change it more often plus different plugs and you are away

Reply to
dojj

He might be, if not then it would be quite interesting as a self-maintenance car.

Reply to
Questions

self-maintenance

done all the mods to my car myself when i had it you just change the oil regular, fit an oil cooler, decent clutch and make sure you've got plenty of cash to fill it up every 5 minutes :)

Reply to
dojj

>> 3 99&rd=1

>> 0 900&rd=1

I think his point is that most people (like me) don't have the time or inclination to do mechanical work themselves :) I'm quite happy to give my local garage £30 for an hour's work, to save the three hours in the dirt/cold/rain that it would take me !

Reply to
Nom

Has it gone?

What happened to to it? Did I sleep through something?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

i blew that engine 2 years ago@170mph+ :( it's cost me 5 figures so far to get a replacement but it's not all bad news, last week a similar car posted a 4.19 0-60 at ford fair :)

Reply to
dojj

I knew it was blown, but I thought you had built a new monster already.

How far off being ready is it? How much more to spend do you reckon.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

engine is built engine is ready to go in waiting for the loom from australia :(

nothing already in the hole for £30k plus :)

Reply to
dojj

You got a website dojj ? And if not why not ? ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

nope

don't know how to :) but this might help

--

Reply to
dojj