Silverado heavy duty towing package

I think this refers, in part, to the button on the shift lever that you are supposed to use for towing.

I don't tow anything, but after 8 mos of owning this pickup, I've discovered that using it anyway makes my truck much peppier!

Can someone tell me what this is and how it works? It feels like it has a whole new set of gears!

Reply to
Texas Lady

It basically forces the transmission downshift sooner and upshift later. So it makes it hold gears longer. It doesn't do anything to the shift quality or lock out OD.

Reply to
Augustus

Does it hurt anything in any way if you were to usae it alot like texas lady

Reply to
kayoss13

Reply to
Craig M