Parking Brake and ABS warning lites on together - 2000 Dakota with rear ABS

I have a 2000 Dakota, automatic with 4x4 with front disk and rear drum brakes, with rear ABS option. The ABS and Brake warning lights go on TOGETHER (important element) and there are no problems with the disk
brakes, brake fluid, rear brakes. Everythings been changed/checked, includin fluid levels. Everything seems to work OK. I beleive the ABS is OK too, but haven't had ice to try it out yet... been too warm here (rather odd)
Once it's reset, it stays off for a while, then comes on again, usually at speeds over, say, 30 mph, 50Km/h
Anyone have any experience with this, or a solution? Is there anything I should be worried about?
Thanks all. A great Forum!
Got the same problem on my 99 Ram 1500 4X4. One other thing that I've noted is that the speedo registers 0MPH until I get up to about 25MPH then it functions normally. From reading other forums this is indicative of a bad ABS/Speed sensor (it's in the rear diff). I'll replace it this week and see what happens.
COH wrote:

I'm anxious to see what you come up with. The Dodge dealer charged me about $100 bucks to tell me it was a "intermittant wire short somewhere" and that "There are no speed sensors" , although they werer referring to my comment about a sensor on the rear hub (or axle, don't remember). They reset the ABS controller, but the lights came back on a couple of days later. They have gone off and on since. I was able to test the rear braking tonight, now that we have icy conditions. I braked straight, although I don't think the ABS kicked in, on a hard brake the rears locked up, but the vehicle braked straight with no swerve. I don't have the speedo error that you have.... but let's see if it clears it up.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Its most likely the speed sensor on the rear axle.
COH wrote:

There is a possible problem with the ABS sensor located on the rear axle.
"COH" < snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Ihad/ have the same problem with my 98 Dakota. Mine is a two wheel drive. Individual who did my brakes could not get a code on the computer. I changed the speed sensor in the differential and problem was solved for about six months. Now back intermittantly. Has not been a problem since cold weather hit. Before that was not a problem upon first start in the morning, but sometimes after stoppping and starting back up after about an hour.
Same here, brakes work fine, no fluid leaks, and as far as I can tell, the ABS is active. I plan to live with it.
Frank
I had the same problem with my '98 Ram and found out it was a faulty speed sensor. The dealer wanted $150.00 to change it. But I found the part online for about $30.00 and replaced it myself. It's located on top of the rear differential and is only held on with one or two screws and a wire which unplugs, then plugs into the new one. Very easy job, and I haven't seen my lights since.
Ditto on both my 1999 Dodge Ram 1500, and my wife's 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 van. Idiot light first, then speedo started acting crazy. Also did not like to idle. Sensor on top of the differential both vehicles....