PT Cruiser ABS dash warning

2010 PT Cruiser. ABS warning dash lamps came on. Code scanner reports C1035, right rear wheel speed comparative performance. Google search suggests replacing
the wheel sensor will fix the problem.
Was wondering if anyone has had this error and the sensor did not fix the problem.
I am the original owner of this car and I am not really impressed in how the wiring harness is dressed and mounted under the vehicle. Seem to be too many spots along the harness where plastic conduit is not used to shield the wires, leaving just the wire insulation to contend with winter road salt and water.
Thanks, Steve