rear door ,extended cab Dodge Ram 1999

How do I adjust the mechanisim so/as I can open the door. The release handles (both) will not pull the release down far enough tomallow the door to open. If I must remove the inside panal, is there any thing
special to doing it? I can't seem to get all the plastic rivits out. Are there any hidden screws or something? What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can be .!!!!! Benny