Rusted out brake lines

Page 4 of 5

LOL, pinion seal doesn't have to simply leak fliud..... could leak water as well. But that doesn't affect bearings, does it?

And where is this water going to come from? You do know that there is a flange protecting it from spray, right Mr. Aerodynamics, LOL! Is it now your argument that only people that have submerged the axle for extended periods of time and have this bad seal are the only ones with the bearing failure problem, too funny.

Tom Lawrence wrote:

Don't quit the day job Tom.

Aerodynamics huh, LOL. Had both vehicles (Nissan much longer) parked in the same driveway, driven on the same roads under similar conditions. Actually, the Nissan went through worse since it delt with the salt covered slushy roads while the truck dealt with fresh snow most of the time with it's over a foot ground clearence compared to the nissans few inches. The lines on both vehicles are subject to direct exposure in places and yet, the Nissans are still holding up just fine. Care to try again, I could use the laugh.

Doesn't have to be but usually is, just like the sub-standard couplers on the steering shaft, lower quality bearings in the 9 1/4 rear, under designed ball joints on the Dakota, one piece in-tank pump and filter.....

Yeah, typically we drive through air. You probably drive through hot air.

There is no way you can guarantee that both vehicles saw exactly the same conditions, and thus cannot compare accurately, the rust time from one to the other. You claim to know science, perhaps you should observe the proper method.

LOL, so maybe the truck went through mud?

Nah, you try again, your claims don't hold water, let alone rust in that water they are supposed to hold.

And the brake lines that mysteriously rusted ONLY on your truck out of all those on here.
Doesn't really matter Tom, most of us know you are full of shit somehow, this just proves it.
You are welcome to try and prove the two vehicles saw exactly the same conditions, but we know they didn't. Its impossible.
--
Max

Only when driving near you Maxi.

They don't have to be exactly the same Max, as it is impossible to ever get "exactly" the same conditions ever. In this case, all they need to be is close and since the Nissan and even my TA were exposed to similar conditions for far longer, they don't even have to be all that close. The Nissan lines held up 8 years longer and the Trans Am lines held up 17 years longer so we are not talking a few months or even a year where you could say that the slight differences had any real effect on longevity.

No more than the Nissan would have went through since I don't off-road with this truck.

Sorry Maxi, but this is just more of your senseless spin. Please explain how arodynamics destroyed the lines, or this magical mudd for that matter. Maybe you use water in your brake lines since you now claim they are supposed to hold it but I'll stick with brake fluid.

Reading a new skill that you have yet to master their maxie???? I am not the only one with this problem as I am responding to someone else with the same year truck that has a much worse condition of it than my truck did. Actually, you said the same crap about the bad bearings in the 9 1/4 rear.

Funny, that has been said of you as well and your crap here proves it as well... aerodynamics, LOL!

No shit Sherlock, I never said otherwise but we are not talking a few months here, we are talking years and many of them and in that case, the conditions don't have to be exact, only similar.

To make the claims you are attemtping to make, YES Mr. Wizard, the conditions have to be the same. Its called the scientific method.

I think I see the problem here.... a Trans Am owner...... all ego, and no hp.

Vehicle aerodynamics on the underside are typically why dirt and water get into places they should not if the vehicle were sitting still. Its not rocket science, but it seems to have escaped you nonetheless.

Yup, because I. among many others, don't believe that big business goes out of its way to rip off you and a select few others.
Good luck figuring out when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
--
Max

Once again, you prove that you don't know shit. My claim was for general endurance over an extended period and for that, the conditions only need to be similar and they were. Actually, the brake lines on the Nissan are subjected to more abuse from the elements and for nearly twice as long and yet ....

The car was free but I'll agree, all show and no go but it did look good and handle well.

The lines are not protected so there is no place where the lines run where dirt and water can not or should not go and the lines should be made out of a material that can deal with it. The same is true on the Nissan and in that case, they are much closer to the ground and salt spray as well as dirt and water on wet roads and yet, they survived for 8 more years and counting. Similar exposure and nearly twice the life so far, care to dance again?

I never said that they did either. They do go out of their way to increase profits, especially if a takeover is possible and the customer is not their primary concern, that would be the stock holders and even then, the board members come first.

You had better offer that to Tom, he made the claim.

[...]

Tom and I know exactly when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
You, OTOH, don't know squat about brake lines, dirt and rust on an under carriage, scientific method, or corporate profits, let alone when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
--
Max

Yea, sure you do.

And yet, I prove you wrong time and time again.

Yeah, We DO. LOL

Only in your own mind Tommy Boy.......
--
Max

Only in your own mind, maxi boy

And in the minds of others as well, clutch boy. While I know I am far from the group favorite, you are not much further up the list.

Nah, John Landis mind has it too.....But you're on a roll......

Do tell, WHO??
And I don't particularly keep any sort of list, or care where I am on any list.
And you still don't know when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
--
Max

Just about everybody.

Yes you do.

And neither do you.

How amusing. Given the comments that keep showing up here, I doubt anyone thinks you are generally credible.

Yeah, I do....Some where in the middle of a soliloque....
--
Max

And those same comments are said about you and lately more often than they are said about me.

Jeez, you'll lie about nayhting, won't ya?
--
Max

Your living in denile doesn't make me a liar.

TBone wrote:

Talk to anyone who owns a Nissan Armada and then tell me how Nissan uses only top quality parts.