rusted brake lines

I have a 1993 f-150. it appears to have a leaking rusted brake line over the left rear. brake fluid is leaking off the spare tire carrier.

is this difficult to repair? is there an on line diagram of the brake line or is chiltons the best route?

Reply to
deputystoneman

The factory service manual. I doubt Chiltons has any brake line layout info. Changing rusty brake lines is always a pain in the ass job, but doable if you're comfortable working on cars. You'll need a good penetrating oil and flare nut wrenches. Any parts store will have replacement lines. Of course you'll need to bleed them after.

Reply to
JimV

Chances are there are othere lines ready to go also. This is why NAPA sells complete lines already prebent in sets. I'm not trying to sell you anything, but that's an option to avoid home made flares and bending. I think most people just do a rough measurement and buy pre-flared lines in slightly longer lengths and install them. Replacing only a bad section in the middle requires more tools and ability.

Reply to
Al Bundy