Saw a Dodge Sprinter 2500 today!!!

I saw a Dodge Sprinter in my home town today!!
I was coming out of the local coffee shop and the guy who owned it was taking stuff out of it. So I approached him and talked quite awhile
abt it.
Man that things is cool!!!!
Id almost consider buying one and making it my only, main vehicle
Here is link to a review on it
http://tinyurl.com/34jbu
Anyone else have one? Have opinions on it?

A friend of mine has one for him company.. He went ahead and opted for the gray market Benz grill that bolts right on, had it all debadged and painted Mercedes Silver... then put the Mercedes G-500 wheels on it. People always ack him how he managed to get the Mercedes Sprinter into the US.. He just tells them Dodge has them. the thing is big! it can really hold a lot... pretty nice ride too, with the benz wheels on it.
I belong to a fairly large group of HVAC contractors throughout the US. The consensus of the ones that have a Sprinter is they love it.
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:00:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

what group?

im always looking for a better service rig (currently working out of a trailer, http://inlinediesel.com/trucks/3gen/1/index.html ) but out here in montana you either have 4 wheel drive or you stay home all winter. i tried working out of a 2 wheel drive van last winter and found myself on the phone more with tow trucks than with customers. i moved over to a 4x4 ranger with a utility bed but that was just to small.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

The Service Roundtable The primary focus is helping with the business end. E-mail me if you have questions or would like to discuss it.
www.serviceroundtable.com

That trailer must be fun to pull on a snotty road in the winter. We have a couple of 2 wheel Dodge vans w/studded snows all around for upstate NY.

sweet! ive been working on the side for some time and recently quit my job to go out on my own (http://BighornRefrigeration.com ). im finding that im a better service tech than i am a business owner. although ive owned businesses before, until i grow to the point of hiring employees im having a lot of trouble working all day in the field, and then all night in the office.

i wont be able to pull it this winter. im hoping to get a utilty bed on my ram before this winter, then i can just use the trailer for hauling condensing units/furnaces on installations and just run the truck on service calls.
thanks for the link, im sure ill use it!
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Outfit I used to work for runs them as company vehicles. Lots of gear inside and ladder rack on the roof. HUGE PITA to get the ladders off of them. Parts are RIDICULOUS in price. 1600 bucks for a front hub and brakes. The A/C is a JOKE. Even with the work wall in them they barely keep the front cab cool. And NOISY in the cab.
-
Passenger version reminds me too much of a Beechcraft puddle jumper. <shivers> (the nightmares return)
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:00:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

so what happened?