Step-up bar for '06 Ram 2500 Quad Cab

Hello Everyone,

I have an '06 Ram 2500 Quad Cab (with diesel if that makes any difference).

I'm looking to purchase a step rail or step bar.

Can anyone make a comments pro or con on their experiences.

I'm looking for something I can install myself. I'm fairly competent mechanically, but don't have access to a welder or anything.

Thanks in advance.

The Rocket Man

Reply to
Giskard Reventlov

I've used Westin on a couple of thrucks with no complaints.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yeah, what Roy said.

Personnally, I have had the Westin Platinum on mine for quite awhile, about

3 years and 100k miles or so. I got stuck on the installation, called Westin, and they walked me through a step that was actually well written on the instructions. They were nice and didn't tell me to RTFM.

I have an '03 2500 HO 4WD and those bars are used daily. No negative issues at all. Look great. Chrome/Stainless, not black.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Hello The Rocket Man,

Westin is a good brand. For your truck you might look at part numbers

25-2310 (chrome) or 26-2310 (stainless steel) these parts include the mounting brackets too. I have cutomers that install them on their own or through a shop. You can check out the install guide at
or chat with tech support at 800-345-8476 to decide the level of difficulty.

Good Luck!

LeAnn truckmod

Reply to
lfarris

Another big thumbs-up on the Westin Platinum's. I put mine on my '03 the day I brought it home (actually bought the bars before I bought the truck). Installation took all of 20 minutes - very easy to do. No cutting, drilling, or welding (?!) required.... just a few nuts and bolts. The chrome-plated stainless (CPS) finish has held up really well here in the northeast snow/salt/brine belt.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Hello Everybody,

Four posts, all complimentary to Westin. Hmmm, sounds like Westin is the way to go.

Thanks to those who replied !!!

The Rocket Man

Reply to
Giskard Reventlov